Now supports Gingerbread!ClockworkMod – aka Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery.
Note: It is not officially supported by Koush, please do not bother him with support questions for this build.
- Rooted OT 990 (option 1, rooted phones only).
- Android SDK (option 2, only way to install on non rooted phones).
Via Recovery manager (option 1, rooted phones only):
- Put those files to the SD card.
The recovery-clockwork-220.127.116.11-ot990-anyboot.img must not be inside any folder... It should be at the root of the SD card.
- With the file manager install the RecoveryManager_v0.37b.apk.
- Open it and go to the Recovery tab, then Install Recovery and wait some seconds...
- A window will pop up and you must select the file: recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-ot990-anyboot.img, press OK and that's it!
Via Fastboot (option 2, non rooted phones):
- Dowload this file: recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-ot990-kernel-v53B-0-anyboot.zip.
- Unzip it anywhere on the pc.
- Disconnect the cable, power off the phone.
- Turn on the phone holding the volume down key.
- Connect the phone to the computer and release the volume down key.
- If you are using Windows, you can run the install.bat (included in the zip). For other systems you need to run the commands manually:
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
How to get into recovery mode:
- Via Recovery Manager (only rooted phones).
- Turning ON the phone by holding the volume up button and when the phone vibrates, release the power button and press the Home button. Stop pressing the buttons when the screen becomes black illuminated, or after a few seconds after the android logo.
WARNING: If you forget to press the Home button, or release it too early, a hardreset will be performed instead of entering the recovery, it will wipe all user data from the phone.
- Via command prompt: adb reboot recovery.